Published on May 7th, 2017 | by admin


Feedback from parents PANTS session

The recent NSPCC PANTS session for parents was well attended and found useful by all parents who attended.

  • Following the workshop, 98% of attendees said that they strongly agreed or agreed that they now felt confident about having conversations with their children about keeping safe from abuse. (from 46 responses).
  • Following the workshop, all attendees strongly agreed or agreed they now knew where to get information and advice about keeping their child safe from abuse. (from 43 responses). This is a 95% increase from before the workshop.
  • Importantly, 89% of attendees said that there was now a HIGH probability of them having a conversation with their child about PANTS. The remaining 11% said there was a medium probability.
  • All attendees strongly agreed or agreed that the time and location of the session worked well for them, that the content was interesting and relevant and that they had a good understanding PANTS.
  • All, apart from one, attendees also said that they now felt confident in feel sharing information about PANTS with others.


Some comments from parents:

‘Very easy to understand and very engaging.’

‘Really informative and thought provoking. Shows importance & need to address this issue early. Excellent, relaxed presentation.’

‘Thank you for arranging this session. It is helpful and informative for parents.’

‘This session has given me lots of ideas about how to approach self-protection issues with my sons. Thank you.’

‘Give more notice for future sessions so that working parents can leave/time off to go to these sessions. Good information to start with. Thank you.’

‘Could you conduct a session on gadget safety for children.’


Please visit for more information and resources, including the Pantosaurus video.

We will also be running a session on online safety in partnership with O2, on Wednesday 19th May at 9 am. This session will give you further knowledge and skills about setting up parental controls and security settings, parenting children about online safety and online bullying, and teaching your child how to use social media safely.

About the Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to Top ↑
  • Welcome

    We offer you a warm welcome and thank you for showing an interest in Spring Grove Primary School.

    Spring Grove is a happy school with a positive and inclusive ethos, within which we aim to make everyone feel safe, secure and valued. We are proud of our diverse cultural community and encourage all children to achieve their personal best, academically and socially. We believe that children flourish when home and school work together. We encourage parents to become involved in their children’s education and the life of the school. We aim to work with parents and carers to develop caring attitudes, thoughtfulness, mutual respect, self discipline, self confidence and good manners alongside academic progress. We treat all of our pupils as unique individuals who will become independent learners and view their education as a positive experience.

    Ms M. Buckby

  • Online Learning

    Online Learning
    Selection of online platforms available for Spring Grove pupils.

  • Autumn/Winter 2017 Menu

    Summer 2018 Menu
    Valid from April 2018 to October 2018

  • Recent Posts

  • Upcoming Events

    1. Half Term Break

      Mon, 28 May - Fri, 1 June
    2. Return to School

      Mon, 4 June
    3. Year 6 Concert

      Fri, 29 June @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
    4. Last Day of Term

      Fri, 20 July
  • Community News