Spring Grove’s Sport Premium Overview
At Spring Grove Primary School we believe PE & Sport plays an important role in making our vision statement a reality for every pupil, with the potential to change young people’s lives for the better.
Through PE & Sport our children learn to develop the important qualities of discipline, resilience, communication, team work, and ambition, leading to improved concentration, attitude and academic achievement.
We have welcomed the Government’s announcement in June 2013 to provide additional funding for 2 years to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. We are committed to using this resource in developing high quality PE lessons, alongside greater opportunities for sporting competitions and clubs for all our young people.
What does the Sport Premium mean for our School?
‘Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this’ (DfE June 2013).
We are working closely with Sport Impact www.sportimpact.co.uk and have identified key areas through a self-review process to ensure we can meet the high expectations in PE and Sport for our children.
‘Schools will also be required to include details of their provision of PE and sport on their website, alongside details of their broader curriculum, so that parents can compare sports provision between schools, both within and beyond the school day’- (DfE June 2013)
Click here for our school’s self review on PE & Sport provision
Sport Premium Grant
|Total no of primary aged pupils between the ages of 5-11 (Apr 18)||296|
|Total amount of Sport Premium Grant received||£14560|
Nature of Support
High Quality Physical Education: Raising standards of all our children in Physical education
- Regular specialist support from qualified PE teachers or qualified sports coaches working with primary teachers to achieve high quality teaching and learning in lessons.
- Specialist support alongside the Primary PE- co-ordinator in curriculum provision, mapping and lesson planning
- Support in monitoring and evaluating the progress of pupils through assessment.
- CPD opportunities for teachers in national and bespoke programmes in PE & Sport.
- Cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- Professional quality assured teaching modules & materials for PE & Sport
- Development of student leadership programmes
Competitive School Sport: Increasing pupils’ participation in extra- curricular sport
- Inclusive competitive opportunities( disability/SEN)
- Support with intra and inter school competition co-ordination and delivery
- Organised competitions at local/borough level
- Organisation of a Borough Dance Festival
- Half a term of tennis coaching provided by Dukes Meadow Tennis Centre
Healthy Active Lifestyles: Ensuring all our children have access to regular exercise
- School based Health programmes and intervention strategies
- Change 4 Life club opportunities for ‘inactive’ young people
- ‘Playground Marking’ CPD for teachers / support staff
Self- Review & Quality Assurance: Measuring the impact of the funding
- Monitoring of pupil progress through assessment in lessons.
- Create/Real PE – online tool for development and self -assessment
- School Games Kite Mark support – monitoring competitive school sport
*Click below for our school’s action plan for the Sport Premium